As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
1. theseedhouse #ad
Heirloom Egyptian Walking Onions Moritz Variety NON GMO 10 Bulblets #adtheseedhouse #ad
- Instead of small black seeds this plant produces bulb sets on the flowering end of long tubular branches. An unusual strain that will sometimes produce sets in the middle of the stalk Egyptian Walking Onions grow perennially in a bed.
Fascinating. Thin white onions with long tubular greens 1 half to 1 inch wide or larger, and 12-36 inches long. Plant them where you intend to have them for a long time, with shallot-like bulbs growing atop tall stalks.
10 bulbils / bulblets in package. Full sun. A perennial, bunching onion variety used like a scallion. If left to their own design, these seed tops will fall over and the bulbils on top will sprout roots with fall moisture.
Air bound bulblets will sprout new smaller stalks, as they are quite hardy. Delicious green onions, which fall over and replant themselves, hence the name Walking. Hardy bulbs set bulblets on stalks. Similar to the typical tree onion, but the bulbs are a deeper colour red-purple and the topsets are slightly larger than most strains. Perennial zones 3-9.
2. theseedhouse #ad
Heirloom Egyptian Walking Onions Catawissa Tree Onion NON GMO 10 Bulbils #adtheseedhouse #ad
- The bulbils divide into tiers, leaves or barren stems to bring the height of the plant to over 75cm. Egyptian walking Onions grow perennially in a bed. Instead of small black seeds this plant produces bulb sets on the flowering end of long tubular branches.
10 bulbils / bulblets in package. Delicious green onions, hence the name Walking. If left to their own design, these seed tops will fall over and the bulbils on top will sprout roots with fall moisture. Air bound bulblets will sprout new smaller stalks, as they are quite hardy.
A perennial, bunching onion variety used like a scallion. Full sun. Thin white onions with long tubular greens 1 half to 1 inch wide or larger, and 12-36 inches long.
Hardy bulbs set bulblets on stalks. Fascinating. Perennial zones 3-9. Plant them where you intend to have them for a long time, which fall over and replant themselves, with shallot-like bulbs growing atop tall stalks. A very hardy cultivar of canadian origin, the second set of bulbils producing green shoots, distinguished by its vigorous growth and the rapidity with which the bulbils that commence to grow without being detached from the top of the stem.
3. Mini Garden #ad
Egyptian Walking Onion/Perennial Tree Onion, Allium proliferum, Fresh bulbils, HOT!! #adMini Garden #ad
- Delivered from 10 to 15 days. These have many names, and many fans! They are also called Tree Onions, perennial Onions, and top-setting onions. Egyptian walking onions taste just like a regular onion.
They have a more mild taste than the greens, and are tender like a shallot. Ship from united stated. The entire plant can be eaten, but the most delicious are the smaller side stalks that are NOT destined to produce the top sets.
Small onions form at the base in the soil and can be eaten and prepared just like any other onion. These onions seem to walk because at the end of a leaf stalk, a cluster of bulblets also called bulbils, means "little bulbs" will grow, become top heavy then fall over and root into the soil to produce the next generation!.
4. The Clayton Farm #ad
3 Plants of Perennial Egyptian Walking Onion #adThe Clayton Farm #ad
- Plants contain root, hand-packed with care. Walking from mid-march to May in Northern CA, order soon to watch the show. Shipped in sealable zip lock bag with moist organic material. Perennial. Organically grown.
5. Fernwood Flower Farms #ad
Egyptian walking onions #adFernwood Flower Farms #ad
- I have also dried the greens for use in the winter! Egyptian walking onions - 20 bulbils. These are wonderful onions! i use the greens in salads and for cooking. Hardy in zones 3-9. Perennial onions.
6. seedsown #ad
Germination Seeds: 10 Mature Bulbs: Egyptian Walking Onions, Mature Bulbs and Top Bulblets ~ Organic ~ Heirloom #adseedsown #ad
- High germination rate seeds. Picture is an indication of kind only. Package contains 1 set of seeds. 10 mature bulbs: egyptian walking onions, mature bulbs and top bulblets ~ organic ~ heirloom. 1pc.
7. MyS #ad
Egyptian Walking Onions. Forgotten Plant: Unique Edible Onion Grown by Your Grandparents!, 10 Individual Bulbs of Allium Proliferum #adMyS #ad
- Has a stronger onion flavor packed with natural goodness that are said to lower blood sugar, clear congestion due to colds, and improve blood pressure. After planting them in your garden you will have onions every year for years to come! Once prolific in the kitchen gardens of our ancestors, but now so rare that the average person might never have even heard of them.
They continue to do this, literally walking across the garden.
Many of these deserve to find space in our gardens again! The entire plant is edible, from the underground onion bulb to the hollow green stalks to the small air bound bulblets. Use just like regular onions. As these bulblets grow, the weight down the stems to the grounds where they can grow new plants. A unique onion that grow bulblets on top of their stalks where normal alliums would grow flowers.